A Note from the Director
We had to cancel Writers at Harriman 2020, but we're hopeful that we can bring the program back in 2021. Our dates will likely be August 1-7. Our registration application forms will be active beginning January 1.
Join other high school students for an intensive week of imaginative writing with professionals in Idaho’s finest outdoor classroom, Harriman State Park.
- Experience nature's beauty and solitude first-hand.
- Explore your thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
- Open yourself to new writing styles.
- Join a community of writers your age.
- Try watercolor painting, storytelling, or paper making.
- Ride horses, meet moose, and watch trumpeter swans.
- Explore the trails and meadows of Idaho's finest outdoor classroom.
- Read your work to an appreciative audience.
- And publish your finished work (or works) in Henrys Fork Journal.