A Note from the Director
We had to cancel Writers at Harriman 2020, but we're going to give it a shot in 2021! Yes, depending on where we are with the pandemic, we may require a vaccination to attend camp. In any case, we'll follow health district guidelines to assure student safety.
This year's camp will run from August 1 through August 7. You can apply here.
Do you have questions about the camp? Join the director for an online introduction to Writers at Harriman on March 20 at 1 pm MST. You'll learn more about the camp and have an opportunity to ask questions. Here's the link.
Join other high school students for an intensive week of imaginative writing with professionals in Idaho’s finest outdoor classroom, Harriman State Park.
- Experience nature's beauty and solitude first-hand.
- Explore your thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
- Open yourself to new writing styles.
- Join a community of writers your age.
- Try watercolor painting, storytelling, or paper making.
- Ride horses, meet moose, and watch trumpeter swans.
- Explore the trails and meadows of Idaho's finest outdoor classroom.
- Read your work to an appreciative audience.
- And publish your finished work (or works) in Henrys Fork Journal.