A Note from the Director
Writers at Harriman is coming back in 2021! Yes, depending on where we are with the pandemic, we may require a vaccination to attend camp. In any case, we'll follow CDC guidelines to assure student safety.
This year's camp will run from August 1 through August 7. You can apply here.
Do you have questions about the camp? Don't hesitate to email us. Here's a recent introduction to the camp via Zoom.
Join other high school students for an intensive week of imaginative writing with professionals in Idaho’s finest outdoor classroom, Harriman State Park.
- Experience nature's beauty and solitude first-hand.
- Explore your thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
- Open yourself to new writing styles.
- Join a community of writers your age.
- Try watercolor painting, storytelling, or paper making.
- Ride horses, meet moose, and watch trumpeter swans.
- Explore the trails and meadows of Idaho's finest outdoor classroom.
- Read your work to an appreciative audience.
- And publish your finished work (or works) in Henrys Fork Journal.